If you choose to submit the appeal application provided in your valuation notice, be sure to:
- Answer each question thoroughly.
- Provide your estimate of value.
- Sign the appeal application.
- If using a representative, include a signed authorization form.
- Return your appeal application to the Davis County Tax Administration Office, along with all supporting evidence and documentation, postmarked on or before the September 15th deadline.
- File a separate application for each parcel. If the properties are contiguous and the appeal information is the same, you can file one application for all parcels.
Applications without sufficient documentation to support the opinion of market value will be returned with a request for more evidence. If no further evidence is received, the Board may dismiss the appeal.
Applications with sufficient documentation will be forwarded to the Assessor’s Office for review. Once a decision is reached, the property owner will be notified. If you are dissatisfied with the appraiser’s decision, you can proceed to a hearing where your evidence will be reviewed by an independent third party Hearing Officer.