The Clerk/Auditor is responsible to work with the Utah State Archives in the care, maintenance, scheduling, designations, classifications, disposal, and preservation of Davis County records.
GRAMA - Government Records Access and Management Act
The Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) states (1) In enacting this act, the Legislature recognizes two constitutional rights: (a) the public’s right to access to information concerning the conduct of the public’s business: and (b) the right of privacy in relation to personal data gathered by governmental entities. (2) The Legislature also recognizes a public policy interest in allowing a government to restrict access to certain records, as specified in this chapter, for the public good. See Utah Code Ann. § 63G-2-102.
To Make a GRAMA Request for Records
Davis County complies with the State of Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA). GRAMA requires that the name, mailing address, and daytime phone number must be included in an official records request. See Utah Code Ann. § 63G-2-204(1)(a). Requests may be submitted by mail or email.
FOIA - Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act pertains to federal records. The State of Utah and Davis County comply with the Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA)
Vital Records Contact
- Birth and Death Certificates - Health Department - (801) 525- 5155
- Marriage Licenses - Clerk/Auditor's Office - (801) 451-3218
Land Records Contact
- Inquiries - Recorder's Office - (801) 451-3225
- Only the land itself is the responsibility of the Recorder's Office. All records of improvements such as structures etc. are accounted for by the County Assessor's Office
Excess Funds and Overages from Tax Sales
Davis County does not sell tax liens
To learn Davis County's procedures concerning delinquent taxes please visit the Tax Administration Department page.
Note: Following the May Tax Sale, the Treasurer's Office puts forth every effort to return any overbids or excess funds to the rightful owners in a timely manner.
Records Not Maintained by Davis County Government
- Divorce Records - District Court - (801) 447-3800
- Criminal Records - Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) - (801) 965-4445