The Davis County Health Department offers classroom-based Food Handler Permit training in Spanish at our office in Clearfield, Utah.
- A class taught in Spanish is on the first and third Friday of every month at 9 a.m. Classes will not be taught on legal holidays.
- A partir del 1 de Julio del 2016, la clase en español para sacar su tarjeta para manejar alimentos se llevara a cabo cada 1er y 3er viernes de cada mes debido a baja demanda. Favor de llamar para hacer cita y también para verificar que se tomara acabo la clase. Hay posibilidad que las clases cambien.
- The training course and permit fee is $25. A picture ID is required to take the course.
- The courses fill up quickly, so please call 801-525-5120 to reserve a seat.
- Cash, check, or major credit/debit cards are accepted.
In addition to the in-person food handler course, another option is to complete a Utah approved on-line food handler course. Other in-person and on-line vendors have been approved by the State Department of Health to provide food handler training. Click here for a list of approved training course vendors.
- The individual is responsible to pay the applicable online course fee
After successfully completing the on-line course, you will be able to download and print a “Certificate of Completion” from the vendor. This certificate is used in place of the actual food handler permit for a period of up to 30 days. During that period, the official food handler permit will be processed and issued by the local health jurisdiction where the individual lives.
If you do not have access to a computer and would like to take an approved on-line course, you may contact our office to schedule a time to come into our office and use a computer.