To be eligible for an emission waiver, the following basic guidelines must be met. Also, an authorized representative of the Davis County Inspection/Maintenance Program must approve all waivers.
To qualify for a waiver:
- The vehicle must be in original condition and must never have received a waiver in the past.
- Tampered vehicles are ineligible.
- After failing an emission test, a minimum of $250 in emission-related repairs must be spent on 1968-1983 model year vehicles; $350 is the minimum repair amount for 1984-1995 model year vehicles; $450 is the minimum repair amount for 1996 through current model year vehicles.
- You must provide proof of expenditures for emission related repairs—in the form of itemized bills, invoices or work order manifests—which specifically identify parts and labor.
- For labor costs to be eligible, a Certified Repair Facility must perform the repairs.
- Vehicle Inspection Reports showing the initial and re-inspection failing emission test results must be provided, and retest readings must improve from the initial test readings.
For further information, call 801-546-8860.