About the Library Board
The Davis County Library Board of Directors is responsible for the following:
- Expenditure of Library Funds;
- Establishing and revising policies in cooperation with the Library Director for the use , operation, maintenance, and care of the Library, library facilities, equipment, staff, and other such resources;
- Purchase, lease, exchange, or sell of land or personal property for the benefit of the Library;
- Purchase, lease, exchange or construction of buildings for the benefit of the Library;
- Establish policies for the enforcement of library rules, creating and maintaining library collections, operation and care of the Library, and applicable laws and ordinances.
The board consists of six directors each appointed by the Davis County Commission for a four year term. Board members may be reappointed to a second four year term. One Davis County Commissioner serves as a seventh member of the Library Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors meet on the third Tuesday of the month at 8:00 a.m., unless otherwise posted.
All meetings will be held at the Headquarters Library, 133 S. Main St., Farmington, Utah, unless otherwise posted during the year.
Agendas are posted at each branch at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Click to find Library Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes (This link will redirect you to the Utah Public Notice Website.)