Currently accepting applications for:
(must be certified as a Paramedic in the State of Utah;
law enforcement officer certification preferred but not required)
See the Davis County Human Resources job postings page for additional employment opportunities.
Go to the POST website or Weber State Academy site for information on joining the law enforcement profession and its requirements. Other job opportunities state-wide can be accessed through http://jobs.utah.gov.
To apply for a position at the Sheriff’s Office, you must complete a Davis County employment application. You may access this from the Davis County Human Resources web site or obtain a copy at the Human Resources Office located at 61 S Main Street, Farmington, Utah. Additional information on how to apply, current job postings and benefits can be accessed at the web site listed.
The hiring process for a Deputy Sheriff or Correctional Officer involves:
- Submitting an employment application (include with your application the POST Entrance Examination results which must be a score of 70% or better)
- Passing the physical fitness test consisting of the following:
- Run 1.5 miles in 16 minutes or less
- Bench press 70% of your own body weight, one repetition.
- Perform 30 sit-ups in one (1) minute
- Perform 25 push-ups without time limit
- Perform a vertical jump of 13” or more
- An oral interview board. Based upon meeting the minimum qualifications, you will be ranked accordingly and placed on a register.
Once a position becomes available, you will:
- Complete a background packet for the purpose of a pre-employment polygraph examination and thorough background investigation
- Be required to pass a background investigation
- Complete an interview with the Sheriff
The minimum qualifications and requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid Utah Driver’s License
- Proof of current automobile insurance
- Able to perform essential functions of the job
- Able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays
- Score of 70% or better on the POST Entrance Examination
- Pass a drug screen prior to employment
Comply with POST guidelines. Click here for guidelines.