2021 Great Salt Lake Bird Festival Family Day
Family Day will be held at the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Wildlife Center from 10:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. on Saturday, May 15, 2021.
1157 South Waterfowl Way, Farmington, UT 84025
Join us for Activities and Workshops to learn all things Birds! Family Day Registration is required for all participants age 2 and older and is FREE. Face masks are required to participate. Activities will be limited to small group sizes to allow for social distancing.
Saturday, May 15th
- 9:00 A.M.
- Owl Pellet Facebook Live Workshop: Tune in to see Billy Fenimore dissect an owl pellet to discover what awaits to be uncovered inside.
George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Wildlife Center:
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM:
- Arts and Craft Stations: Different craft stations will be available throughout the day including: bookmark making, shrinky dink designs, kite making, and bird-feeder making.
- 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM
- Owl Pellet Dissection and Live Owl Presentation: Join Billy Fenimore Eccles Wildlife Education Center Director and a few of his champions of All Things Wild as they dissect an owl pellet and discover what awaits to be uncovered inside.
- 10:30 AM and 11:30 AM
- Mist Netting: A fascination and appreciation for birds can be fostered during a mist-netting demonstration. The live bird in the hand is the hook to draw in people and develop an interest in our feathered friends. This is a great opportunity to learn about banding birds from local experts and some participants may be able to hold a bird after banding to release it!
- 11:00 AM, 12:00PM, 1:00 PM
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt: Join two locals as they take you around the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Wildlife Center to see what different types of birds you can spot. Try and see if you can find all of the birds on the scavenger hunt provided.