• 22 S. State St. Clearfield, UT 84015
  • Main : (801) 525-5000
  • M-F 8am to 5pm

Contact Information

Physical Address
22 South State Street
2nd Floor
Clearfield, Utah 84015

Mailing Address
Davis County Health Department
Environmental Health Services Division
P.O. Box 618
Farmington, Utah 84025

Phone Numbers
(801) 525-5100 :: Main
(801) 525-5119 :: Fax

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except county holidays)

What housing or residential area issues can you address?

We have a Board of Health (BOH) Housing Regulation.  It applies to all residential areas in Davis County and addresses:

Water Hygiene and Sanitation
Potable Water Supply
Plumbing System
Plumbing Fixtures, including Hot Water
Wastewater Discharges

Minimum Dwelling Standards
Indoor Air Quality – Quantifiable Nuisances
Unit Enclosure Integrity
Finish Surfaces, including Water Intrusion
Lead Based Paint

Hazard and Nuisance Abatement
Hazardous Gases and Materials
Infestations, including Harborage Issues
Nuisance Odors (see FAQ)
Stagnant Water
Natural Disaster Clean-up
Vacant Units

Solid Waste Control:  Domestic Animals

For other rental issues not addressed by our BOH Housing regulation contact the responsible entity:

Responsible Entity


Utah Labor Commission, Fair Housing Program

Electrical Issues
Malfunctions, Exposed Wires, Electrocutions, Damaged Electrical Fixtures, etc.

Local Building Official or Code Enforcement Officer

Structural Safety Issues

Local Building Official or Code Enforcement Officer

Before I sign a rental lease agreement should I inspect the unit and take pictures?


Who is responsible for what in my rental unit?

Our BOH Housing regulation has specific requirements for rental units.


Tenants are expected to keep clean and sanitary all parts of the premises they control or utilize.  They are expected to remove any mold and biologic growth on the finish surfaces, i.e. “from the paint out”, inside their unit.  If the finish surface has become damaged beyond reasonable cleanability or not appropriate to the use, they should notify their landlord.  If the landlord does not address the finish surface, we may do an inspection.


Owners are responsible for overseeing the maintenance of commons areas.  They are directly responsible for maintaining:  access to dwellings; water hygiene and sanitation; and, minimum dwelling standards.

What if my landlord won’t fix something?

You should notify your landlord in writing and keep a copy for your records.  If no action has been taken after a reasonable time, contact our office and we may do an inspection.

What is a reasonable time for my landlord to fix something?

Time Frame

No Hot or Cold Water

Within 14 Days

Raw Sewage

Within 24 Hours

No Working Toilets

Within 24 Hours

Flooding – Major

Within 24 Hours

Indoor Air Quality – CO, Pesticides, Other Hazards

Within 24 Hours (Emergency Response may be warranted)

No Heat – During Seasonal Cold Weather

Within 24 Hours

Water Leaks or Flooding Minor

Within 72 hours

Temporary Heating Provided by Owner

Up to 30 Days

All Other Violations

Typically 30 Days

If my landlord hasn’t fixed something, should I withhold my rent?

You should seek legal counsel before you withhold rent.

How do I get out of my lease?

You should seek legal counsel.

What if my landlord evicts me?

Call 211.  This is a United Way funded organization that may be able to provide temporary housing.

What services do you provide?

We may do an inspection and provide documentation of findings or conditions in a unit limited by our available equipment and training.  See the Housing FAQ for a list of our equipment.

Our right of entry is dependent on the consent of the owner, occupant, or a warrant issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.  The services we may provide are typically dependent on and biased towards whomever allows us entry into a unit.

What other resources are available?

Resource or Reference

Professional Specialists

Industrial Hygienists, Mold Specialists, etc.


Boyer Hill Military Housing (801) 784-5600



See the Housing FAQ

Copyright © Davis County Government. All Rights Reserved

New Year's Day

Wednesday, Jan 01

Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday

Monday, Jan 20

President's Day

Monday, Feb 17

Memorial Day

Monday, May 25

Independence Day (Observed)

Friday, Jul 03

Pioneer Day

Friday, Jul 24

Labor Day

Monday, Sep 07

Veterans' Day

Wednesday, Nov 11


Thursday, Nov 26 & Friday, Nov 27

Christmas Day

Friday, Dec 25

Christmas Eve (Close at 2pm)

Friday, Dec 25

New Years Eve (Close at 2pm)

Thursday, Dec 31