• 22 S. State St. Clearfield, UT 84015
  • Main : (801) 525-5000
  • M-F 8am to 5pm

Contact Information

Physical Address
22 South State Street
2nd Floor
Clearfield, Utah 84015

Mailing Address
Davis County Health Department
Environmental Health Services Division
P.O. Box 618
Farmington, Utah 84025

Phone Numbers
(801) 525-5100 :: Main
(801) 525-5119 :: Fax

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except county holidays)

Can I keep bees in my backyard?

The State of Utah and Davis County currently do not have any regulations overseeing where bees can be kept commercially or by hobbyists.  The interested party should contact their city to determine if an ordinance has been passed that guides where bees can be kept.

My neighbor has a beehive in their backyard that is a nuisance?

Again, we have no regulations that give us authority to take action.  We would have to follow the criminal nuisance rule which requires 3 or more persons submitting written complaints to our office before we could take any action.


Where can I find more information about beekeeping?

The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food has a great website with good resources: Apiary Inspection & Beekeeping.  Clint Burfitt oversees the honey/beekeeping program for the state.  He can be contacted at (801) 538-7184.

Does Davis County have a bee inspector?

Yes, the county has contracted a bee inspector.   His information can be supplied by request (contact Ed Parker at (801) 525-5101.

There is a swarm of bees on my property, what should I do?

Clint Burfitt from the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food can provide information for “bee rescuers” that will collect and relocate swarms of bees to hives.  It is advised that an untrained person should not disturb or disrupt bee swarms or hives at any time.

Do I need to have a permit to keep a beehive?

The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food (UDAF) require that any person that keeps beehives must obtain a Beekeeper License from the Department.  The county relies on the list generated through the UDAF registration process to identify and inspect hives.  You can obtain a Beekeeper License by filling out the form found at the following link and returning it with the appropriate fees to the UDAF: Application For Beekeeper License.

Are there Africanized KILLER Bees in Davis County?

Currently, Africanized Honey Bees (AHB) have not been found in Davis County.  The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food has an ongoing initiative to track the migration of AHB colonies in the state of Utah.  Further information can be found at the following link:  Africanized Honey Bee (AHB) in Utah.

Copyright © Davis County Government. All Rights Reserved

New Year's Day

Tuesday, Jan 01

Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday

Monday, Jan 21

President's Day

Monday, Feb 18

Memorial Day

Monday, May 27

Independence Day

Thursday, Jul 04 & Friday, Jul 05

Pioneer Day

Wednesday, Jul 24

Labor Day

Monday, Sep 02

Veterans' Day

Monday, Nov 11


Thursday, Nov 28 & Friday, Nov 29

Christmas Day

Wednesday, Dec 25