If your vehicle is registered in Utah, but temporarily located outside of the State, you may request an emissions deferral from the Department in order to renew your vehicle registration. This can be done by completing the form below and submitting the supporting documents that verify the vehicle is currently located outside the State. The vehicle must pass an emissions inspection within 10 days of its return to Utah.
LOCATED IN JURISDICTION WITH EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
If the vehicle is located in an area where emissions inspections are required, you must obtain, and attach a copy of the emissions certificate from that program along with the form below. To determine how to obtain an emissions test in another state, please visit www.obdclearinghouse.com/IMSolutions:
1) Select "I/M Jurisdiction Report in the gray bar.
2) Select the state and jurisdiction in which the vehicle is located.
3) Select "Generate State Report."
4) Scroll down to "Contact Information:
5) Contact the program administration and follow instructions to obtain an emissions certificate.
LOCATED IN JURISDICTION WITHOUT EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
If the vehicle is located in an area where emissions inspections are NOT required, you must provide one of the following documents as evidence that the vehicle is located out of state:
1) A VIN Verification Form completed by local law enforcement.
2) Active Military Orders showing location.
3) Valid School Parking Permit.
*DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS FOR REGISTRATION TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT*
If you have any questions, please contact the Davis County Health Department by phone at 801-525-5120 or by email at DCEnvHealth@co.davis.ut.us.